Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Call me an Expatriot


I was reading a book today about New Orleans and it said that
There is always something going on in New Orleans. That is what I miss the most.
I've said that home is where my wife and kids are and that is mostly true but I cannot
help but hope that place is in New Orleans. I've spent a few months in beautiful Colorado and there is nothing wrong here......but then again everything that is wrong with new Orleans ( excluding the crime ) is what makes it special. There is something always going on in New Orleans. It is more important now.....now more than ever that something is always going on. Mardi Gras, Jazz fest, French Quarter fest, St Joseph's day, Saint's games, Hornet's games, WWOZ broadcasts, WWL broadcasts, Music in the 24 hour dives, Artists,in Jackson Square, Tarot Card and Palm readers in Jackson Square, Everything on Bourbon Street, Galleries on Royal Street, White lenin night, Awesome food in all of the restaraunts, The Rich snobs and the poor street urchins. Everything and more........ At the moment I consider myself and expatriot. My heart and soul is in New Orleans. They were there while I lived there and they are there now. But my heart and soul live for my wife and kids. I will do what is best for them. Even if it means remaining an expatriot. I will do everthing I can to help the people and the city. I will do everthing that I can to make sure that my Mom and Dad who are buried in New Orleans do not rest there without us. I will make sure that New Orleans and the Ellis family remain intertwined. I will remain a New Orleanean in my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home