Saturday, February 04, 2006

Broken












Broken

There are days that I feel like I’m broken.
My son’s bike with a flat tire, My daughter's doll
With a broken leg.


I’m broken.


In a storm there’s a light that seems to beckon
Me.
I follow until I get to the site and wonder why I
Went.
Why did it seem such an important task ?
Why did I feel no need to ask
before I left?

I’m broken.

I get to a place and don’t like how I got there
Why did I ever leave ?

I’m broken.

Like my parents hopes,
Like my children’s dreams,
Like my wife’s heart,

I’m broken

I sit in the corner and wonder when
I got so broken.
and then.........it hits me.
Like a chorus of angels singing my life
I am the way I am supposed to be.




broken is how I'm supposed to be.

broken is what I am.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home